Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a problem when switching the object in the scene from isolated mode to normal mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem when switching the object in the scene from isolated mode to normal mode.

When I isolate objects in 3ds Max and then show them again, there is a 2-3 second delay or freezing issue. Strangely, this delay occurs when V-Ray's Vantage is open. What's interesting is that closing Vantage doesn't fix the problem. However, when I change the render engine and switch back to GPU, the issue is resolved until Vantage starts processing again.

I am experiencing this issue in a scene with 6 million polygons.

my gpu gigabyte 3090 aorus xtreme

If you are linked to Vantage, when you do this, V-Ray for 3dsMax most likely has to reexport all the objects that suddenly become visible.
    Maybe this could be improved on the V-Ray for 3dsMax side by keeping these objects exported, but hidden.
    I don't think there is anything we can do on the Vantage side.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

When I close Vantage, the issue doesn't get resolved, but it can be fixed when I change the rendering engine. It may be related to the port it uses, perhaps?

Comment

Closing Vantage is not enough to stop the live link.
        You have to click on the live link button or open the VFB and hit the stop button there.

It's better to use the live link button however, as that will also restore the state of DR on/off as it was before starting the live link.

In this screen-shot, the live link is active and you have to click on the button to stop it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	live_link_active.png
Views:	113
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1201308

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
          Closing Vantage is not enough to stop the live link.
          You have to click on the live link button or open the VFB and hit the stop button there.

It's better to use the live link button however, as that will also restore the state of DR on/off as it was before starting the live link.

In this screen-shot, the live link is active and you have to click on the button to stop it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	live_link_active.png Views:	0 Size:	42.5 KB ID:	1201308

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          I'm pleased and grateful for answering my questions. Thank you very much.
          The solution worked when I paused on the first frame, but it didn't work when paused on the second frame. There is something that bothers me; why would such an issue occur on a powerful device like the 3090? My project file size is 700 MB. Could there be a problem with the graphics card? Getting feedback from other colleagues would reassure me.
          I have a 5950X processor, and therefore, I don't have an integrated graphics card. I use dual monitors, and both are powered by a single graphics card. Would it be a possible solution if I powered the monitors from a different graphics card?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.0 KB ID:	1201330Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	1201331
          Last edited by serdar_turanl; 02-02-2024, 09:07 PM.

Comment

The solution worked when I paused on the first frame, but it didn't work when paused on the second frame.
            I thought you were isolating objects, what frames are you referring to ?

There is something that bothers me; why would such an issue occur on a powerful device like the 3090? My project file size is 700 MB.
            No idea, we would need your 3dsMax scene and a recording of your exact actions, so we can reproduce and profile it,
            then we can tell you what's causing the slowdown.
            I doubt it's your machine.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

I thought you were isolating objects, what frames are you referring to ?

No idea, we would need your 3dsMax scene and a recording of your exact actions, so we can reproduce and profile it,
              then we can tell you what's causing the slowdown.
              I doubt it's your machine.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              the biggest reason for the problem is that I use displacement high. thank you very much friend
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X